Saturday, February 13, 2010

We Are The World 25yr anniversary

When We Are The World debut in 1985, it was a tribute and charity song for USA for Africa. Now 25yrs later our generation has remade the song for the victims of HAITI. I love the fact that Lionel Richie decided to do the tribute, but I do have 4 major problems with it. While watching the video for the remake I was moved to tears by not only the images of Haiti and her people, but the passion and love coming from the artists contributing to the tribute and then FAIL!!!!!!!!!! Lil Wayne,Akon,T-Pain&Auto-tune decided to read their ugly lil heads into something that was so touching and beautiful to me. Who did this and why?? I know that a lot of celebrities wanted and were willing to participate, but couldn't they have been in the background like some others were and not given cameos?? They truly disturbed the whole feeling of compassion,love and caring for me. I have read that some feel that the tribute has failed in comparison to the original, but I don't think its fair to compare the 2 when they were both made for great causes. I would love to hear everyone's opinions&comments after viewing the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment