Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ladies can shoot too....




So today my husband and I decided to ditch the usual corny ass Vday celebration by going to the shooting range for the first time. I've always wanted to go, but never did. I have to admit I was VERY EXCITED!! I couldn't stop talking about it. So we made our way into the gun range. It was small, but the noise was loud..GOOD LAWD I wasn't prepared for that LOL I got startled a lil as I walked in. The guy asked if we ever shot a gun before and my husband said yes. Then the guy asked if he knew had to load and do the safety and all that technical gun stuff. My husband said yes and I was looking at him like when was the last time you messed with a gun. The guy must had heard me questioning him in my head because he asked him how long it had been and he said Oh a couple of years(LYING LOL). So all we had to do to get our hands of a deadly weapon was fill out a form with her info, show your ID, stamp your right fingerprint and select your gun, ammo and target. The first gun we chose was the revolver with 50 rounds and one of the standard targets. As we were walking through the doors into the indoor shooting range my headphones broke off on one side so me and my husband exchanged and the second set broke off and the head piece poked me in my eye LOL(OH did I mean how clumsy I am?!?!). So my husband got new ones and we proceeded into the range. I was nervous because I wasn't sure if my husband knew what he was doing, but he proved me wrong. He loaded that revolver like he was in a Clint Eastwood movie LOL. I was the first to shoot. The revolver was a lil heavy for me and when I went to squeeze the trigger I would loose my aim, so I used to fingers. By the end of my first target session, I start the target in the head 4 times and almost hit the "X" in the center. The second round was with a .45. Why did I let my husband convince me to use that gun....I did not know about the recoil nor the fire that you can see coming out or the flying shells that might hit you. I was scared to try the .45 after I saw my husband shoot it, but I had to try it at least once. My first shot I hit the target in the head, but that recoil start the ish out of me!! I was scared to try it again, I took some deep breathes and tried it again. The 2nd shot I hit the target near the heart. After those 2 shots I had enough of the .45. I let my husband finish off the 50 rounds. Needless to say I was glad that I tried something so out of my comfort zone. I had a great time and would go back again. My husband wants to get his license and become a member. Today we spent the day being "Bonnie&Clyde" but without the bank robbing or killing people. I would definitely go back again to build my skills. And who said Ladies can't shoot????

No comments:

Post a Comment