Thursday, February 11, 2010

Black History Month


Since it is Black History Month, I(Roni) have decided to post different facts everyday about the contributions we have made or what happened on each day during this month. ( I will be putting my Bachelors Degree of Pan African Studies to use LOL).Today is Feburary 11 and this is the day that Nelson Mandela was released from prison in 1990 after serving 27 years for fighting for his peoples' rights and freedoms during Apartheid in South Africa. Mandela supported reconciliation and negotiation, and helped lead the transition towards multi-racial democracy in South Africa. This man exudes strength, patience, unconditional love towards all, courage and the true meaning of the phrase "forgive and forget". If a male child is looking for a role model this man should be on the top of the list. Mandela should be included in all history books and all children should be taught about his struggles and triumphs. For he is clear example of a man that sees no color and would sacrifice his own freedoms and life for others. We salute former President Nelson Mandela.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to have that laying beside me right now since I am snowed in:) Yummy Yummy. Thanx for the visual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually posted the comment above under the wrong article. The comment above was for the eye candy. Sorry. I am really looking forward to the Black History facts.

    ReplyDelete